Installation Procedure (Recommended)
- Connect your phone to a PC using USB cable
- Format your SD card in FAT32 and create a new folder “dload” in its root directory
- Extract the ZIP file and copy its contents (“UPDATE.APP”) to the “dload” folder
- Disconnect your phone from PC
- Reboot into recovery mode by powering off your phone and then holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power Buttons simultaneously
- Within a few seconds, the update process will be automatically initiated. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
- When it gets completed, you can use the Backup utility to restore all the data you backed up earlier.
Alternate Method (Easier)
- Copy the update contents to your SD card as mentioned earlier
- Navigate to Settings > Updates > System Updates
- Tap ‘Local Update’, carefully read all the warnings and then perform a quick backup of your device (in case you haven’t done that already)
- Next, tap ‘Confirm’ to proceed with the update installation. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
And whoosh… you’re done! That was damn easy, wasn’t it?
Do bear this in mind that despite the fact that this method has been fully tested, I shall not be held responsible if your device gets screwed up at any point. Apply this update at you own risk.
Enjoy the chocolaty update!